This page has moved to a new address.

Lose the FAT, Keep the MUSCLE

My Fitness World: Lose the FAT, Keep the MUSCLE

Friday, April 8

Lose the FAT, Keep the MUSCLE

Lose the Fat, Keep the Muscle


Lose the Fat, Keep the Muscle
Are you sick of the yo-yo dieting cycle?

  I know I have had my share of ups and downs with “dieting.”   In the past year and a half, I feel like this cycle has ended for me and I have finally found something that is a lifestyle approach to staying healthy and at my body’s optimal weight.  Everything changed for me when I learned how important lean muscle was to my weight loss goals.  I used to starve myself to lose the weight and struggled for years with an eating disorder.  But after learning a few of the facts that I’ve written out for you below and that are included int he videos in this post, it clicked with me.  The very thing I was doing to myself, starving myself to lose weight, was actually what was KILLING my chances of losing weight the right way and keeping it off!!

Now, after having four babies, I’m not sure I COULD starve myself again if I wanted to. :)   I’ve grown to love food way to much and for that I’m thankful!  Most people, however, when they decide they want to lose a few pounds or 100 pounds, go about it the wrong way.  While you may not be struggling with an eating disorder, if you are simply reducing calories your body will still go into what is called the Famine mode and it will burn muscle rather than fat. It needs some fat to survive and it will hold onto it.

Read these thoughts below and then contact me if you have questions (dragonfly.more@gmail.com) or just comment below. This is an area that seems to be a constant for most people.  But there is hope….it doesn’t have to always rule your life or be something you can never quite get a handle on.  You CAN get your body into a healthy weight and keep it there…and you don’t have to starve yourself to do it!!
Give yourself 30, 60, or 90 days with Cinch, and I truly believe your life will change. It will stop the awful cycle in your life that we’ve all struggled with at one time or another.  Go for it now, during the holidays!! Don’t wait till New Years. Start taking your health and weight back into your own hands and do something that will KEEP it off and stop the dieting cycle.


In 1980 35% of Americans were overweight to obese.

46 BILLION Dollars and hundreds of diets later…

More than 65% of Americans are overweight to obese.


Why Most Diets Fail

Obviously, something is not working!!! We are spending all that money on weight loss and diets, yet we are the most obese we have every been!!!  What are we doing wrong??

Most Diets Are:

  • Nutritionally inadequate = you feel bad, sooner or later (headaches anyone??)
  • Too hard to follow= interferes with life (You can only eat so much meat or so many grapefruits!! Come on people!!  We aren’t supposed to live off one food or that would be all that was created!  Plus it’s not easy cooking one thing for yourself, and another for the rest of the fam!)
  • Results are too slow = frustration
  • Unsafe ingredients = negative side effects (Ephedra, Ephedra Alternatives, other stimulants)
  • Slow your metabolism = the Yo-Yo effect begins!

The Vicious Diet Cycle:

  • DIET (decrease in calories)
  • FAMINE RESPONSE (lose weight from lean muscle and fat; reduce your metabolic rate, which increases your fat storage)
  • FALL OFF (increase in calories)
  • FEAST RESPONSE (reduced metabolic rate, you’ve lost muscle mass, so therefore you regain the weight from fat)
  • REPEAT (overweight)
To see this explained via video format, click here. This website has alot of info and ideas that will help check you on track and answers all your questions.

** So in a nutshell:

You decide you are overweight, so you go on a diet.  You do that the typical American way of dieting, which is to reduce your calories.  This DOES cause you to lose weight, BUT there is no way to tell if you are losing MUSCLE or FAT when you stand on a scale and see weight loss!
The problem with this is that the less lean muscle you have, the slower your metabolism runs. The slower your metabolism, the less fat you burn!
So when you fall off the diet, or maybe you simply reached your goal weight, you start eating “normal” again.  However, you have less lean muscle than you did before, a slower metabolism as a result and therefore gain all the weight back and some!  If you don’t have muscle you don’t burn fat!
So remember, most diets will not help you retain your muscle mass and keep off the weight.
But we have the solution! It’s a revolutionary Inch Loss program called CINCH. It is backed by research and clinical studies and formulated after years of extensive work with some of the top athletes in our nation.






Here are some reviews on Shaklee's Cinch Plan:
Please Read!


http://jenerallyspeakingblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/shaklees-cinch-plan-strawberry-shake.html





My Fitness World Zumba Instructor The Top 100 Mommy Blogs

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Jessica Shivers said...

New from TGIF blog hop. Great blog, I look forward to reading more soon!

Jessica
www.dinnerwiththeshivers.com

 
At April 10, 2011 at 2:31 AM , Anonymous bob said...

Hey, really great blog post… I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run AceHealth.org, a blog of my personal research and experiences. If you're interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail: bob.mauer65(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Diminishing Lucy said...

Thank you for linking up to Diminishing Lucy's Drab to Fab!

Perhaps add the Drab to Fab button so folk know you are playing along?

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home