This page has moved to a new address.

Should I Work Out If I'm Sore?

My Fitness World: Should I Work Out If I'm Sore?

Tuesday, December 14

Should I Work Out If I'm Sore?

Q: What are the rules for working out when you're still really sore from the day before?
Jillian Michaels A:  You should NOT train a muscle that's sore. The reason for this is that your body interprets exercise as stress; it's during the recovery time when the real work is being done. Think of exercise as the architect and recovery as the builder. If you work a muscle too soon after a training session, therefore, you will just break it down.
Also, you shouldn't be sore for more than two days after a workout; if you are, you may have a slight injury or muscle strain. If this is the case, take it easy and give that muscle time to heal before training it again.
Get more fitness tips from Jillian Michaels.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home