This page has moved to a new address.

Q & A's On How To Get Started? By: Jillian Michaels

My Fitness World: Q & A's On How To Get Started? By: Jillian Michaels

Monday, April 11

Q & A's On How To Get Started? By: Jillian Michaels

I'm Obese. How Do I Get Started?

Answered by; Jillain Michales
 
Q: I'm severely obese, with a weight of more than 500 pounds. I've recently joined a gym, but I'm finding it hard to vary the exercises I can do. I've been switching things up with dumbbells – but I'm only working my upper body. I can't fit into the machines that work my lower body, and I'm not able to do floor exercises. One thing I am able to do is water walking in the pool, but there aren't any classes available to teach me new water exercises. Do you have any recommendations for how I can start really dropping pounds?
Jillian Michaels A:  First off: PROPS TO YOU for getting to the gym and being proactive about getting healthy. You're already off to a great start. Okay, now let's get down to business:
WALK. You don't need to be in the gym to do this. It's free, and you can do it anywhere. Walk around your neighborhood as often as you can and for as long as possible.
Shadowboxing with light dumbbells will give you a good cardio workout and make use of the muscles in your upper body.
Try the rowing machine — yes, you're still working those upper body muscles, but you're adding some leg movement.
In the pool, try the following exercises:
  • Use a kickboard. Hold on to the board and use your legs to power you across the pool.
  • Do water running or walking across the pool.
  • Hold a pool block between your legs to make them inactive and, using only your upper body, swim across the pool.
  • Tread water.
  • Hold on at the side of the pool and just kick for as long as you can.
As you drop pounds, your options will open up significantly, allowing you to use an elliptical machine or recumbent bike. In the meantime, the recommendations above will really kick-start your weight loss — provided you are also watching your diet.
I'm really proud of the effort you are making. The scale has nowhere to go but down, babe! We are all rooting for you!
Get more fitness tips from Jillian Michaels.

Once a week I like to post up fitness reads I found. I hope this article helps my readers get healthy and stay positive. Have a wonderful Monday!


My Fitness World Zumba Instructor The Top 100 Mommy Blogs

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Marissa said...

GREAT POST :)

 
At April 11, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Dreamin' Mama said...

Interesting!

New follower from the hop! Stop by amomcandream.blogspot.com and see me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home